Friday, October 13, 2006

Welcome

Hi
Today is the first time I have blogged, how exciting that I now get to share my thoughts with the whole world, rather than just people who I buy coffee for so that they listen to my ponderings!

This blog is called Vision of Christina in tribute to Christine de Pisan who is considered one of the first feminist writers. She wrote an autobiographical work called Vision of Christine in 1405. She also wrote a book called The Book of the City of Ladies in which she details a vision for a "utopian city for women inhabited by powerful, educated, and influential women both of antiquity and of her own time".

My vision is to encourage the growth of powerful, educated and influential christian women.

3 comments:

Christina said...

Actually I work hard to encourage the growth of powerful educated and influential Christian men as well. However Women seem to need more encouragement to be educated and influential in the Christian World.

Iain said...

Hooray,

Welcome to the blog-O-sphere, Christina.

It will be good bouncing ideas around on your blog, I hope you do the same on mine!

p.s. note the auspicious day that you began blogging on, Friday the 13th! I wish your blog much luck instead lol

Unknown said...

Well, you know that I'll happily listen to rantings any day in exchange for good coffee! Good to see that you have embraced your inner geek and joined in the blogosphere - I sense that the geekiness is strong in this one!